Thursday, April 8, 2010

Book Musings: My Review of The Tin Star by J.L. Langley

The Tin StarThe Tin Star by J.L. Langley

Published:  August 6th 2006 by Loose Id, LLC
Details:  Paperback, 300 pages
Characters:  Ethan Whitehall, Jamie Killian
Amazon Price:  $9.89

The Blurb:  When James Killian comes out to his father, he finds himself banished from his home and fired from his job. His savior comes in the unlikely form of Ethan Whitehall, his older brother's best friend. Ethan has always had a soft spot where Jamie Killian was concerned, and he will do whatever it takes to keep his new lover safe.

PUBLISHER'S NOTE: This book contains explicit homoerotic sex that some readers may find offensive.


My Thoughts:  My rating: 5 of 5 stars 

This is the 2nd book I’ve read by J.L. Langley, the first one I tried I didn’t care for at all. I was hesitant to try this one because on top of that, I’m also not a big cowboy romance fan. But with all the rave reviews out there, I just had to give it a try.  I’m so glad I did.  I loved absolutely loved this book.

I really enjoyed the characters as well as the plot.  Ethan and Jamie were both great. I really liked them together. I loved that there really wasn’t any inner turmoil with these two. All of the turmoil came from outside sources. I felt so bad for poor Jamie, and if anyone should have wrestle with a lot of angst it should have been him. But these guys never dwelt on things; no whining; no crying; no false assumption of what the other guy wants or feels; no running from everything. It was virtually devoid of all that sappy annoying romance novel junk, very, very refreshing. The supporting characters were all just as well written.  I definitely look forward to reading The Broken H.

Bottom Line:  This is one of the best reads I’ve had in a while. I would probably even read this one again, which, if you know me says a lot right there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...