Thursday, April 29, 2010

Book Musings: Bound by Blood by Jourdan Lane

Soul Mates: Bound By Blood Soul Mates: Bound By Blood by Jourdan Lane

Paperback: 356 pages
Publisher: Torquere Press (September 16, 2008)

The Blurb: Houston nightclub Rave is famous for nearly-naked male dancers and beautiful bartenders. It's a club for hedonists and playboys. Like Peter, a young man with a strict rule about one-night stands. He breaks that rule for Lucien, the owner of The Den, a rival gay nightclub where there are no boundaries, no taboos. Anything goes at The Den, including vampires. When Peter finds out about Lucien's vampire nature, he figures he should have stuck to his rule. He's not a vampire fan, after all, and Lucien pulls him into a dark world of vampires, werewolves and feuding in-laws. Peter resists Lucien as long as he can, but when he gives in, he does it in a big way. Peter and Lucien begin a very dangerous dance of sensual heat and deep emotion, one that causes them nothing but trouble. No one approves of the human and vampire match, including the Council, old enemies and even older friends. Peter and Lucien have to struggle to stay together and protect those they love. Can they beat the forces that will try to tear them apart forever? And can they face what will become of Peter if they stay together?


My Thoughts:
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really liked this book. I am a serious vampire fan, and this was everything I’d hoped it would be.

This book had it all. Fast and furious action, passion, intense sex, romance, tenderness, danger, blood, a compelling story, sympathetic leads, great supporting characters, etc. Once I started this one I couldn’t stop. I read the entire series back to back.

I loved Lucien and Peter both. Both characters were strong and remained very alpha male. I’m tired of reading m/m romance only to have the men seem like women. These men were men. And they sizzled! I love their possessive need for one another. These two were awesome. The secondary characters were just as good. I’m not typically a werewolf fan, but I like these guys too. They were a terrific addition to the world created by the author.

I will definitely be reading more by this author, there are already a couple more on my ever growing TBR pile.  I just realized also that there are short stories that fit between the books in the series.  I can't wait to check those out.  That should tie up some questions I had transitioning from one book to the next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...