Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Book Musings: Lover Unbound by JR Ward

Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 5)Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward

Series:  Black Dagger Brotherhood #5
Mass Market Paperback: 528 pages

Publisher: Signet (September 25, 2007)

The Blurb:  The ruthless and brilliant brother Vishous possesses a destructive curse and a frightening ability to see the future. As a member of the Brotherhood, he has no interest in love or emotion, only the battle with the Lessening Society. But when a mortal injury puts him in the care of a human surgeon, Dr. Jane Whitcomb compels him to reveal his inner pain and taste true pleasure for the first time-until a destiny he didn't choose takes him into a future that does not include her...

My Musings:  My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It’s been almost a year since I discovered the Black Dagger Brotherhood and while it’s been awhile since since I read these books, this is still hands down my favorite series…ever.

I am totally in love with the Brothers. Most ALL of the Brothers. But Vishous…ohhhh Vishous…how I love you!!! Hands down my favorite character…ever.

I was totally shocked at how much I loved this book. At first I wasn’t sure I was going to like this or where the author was going to go with V’s bisexual tendencies towards Butch. At the time I hesitated, but being a brother I had to give him more time. When he was completely kinked out in leather with some anonymous leather clad woman chained down to a table, I thought oh boy, not sure I like where this is going. But it was still too early to write him off as not my thing. I am so glad I gave him a third chance.

This one played out in a way I never saw coming. I absolutely loved watching V, dominant, arrogant, beautiful, damaged, definitely intense vampire fall for Jane. I loved the way he just saw her, while barely conscious, and just takes her. She so didn’t seem like his type!

And Jane, I really liked Jane. I rarely like the female in romance novels; they are always irritating and whinny. Especially when they find themselves in situations like these. Jane was great. She was a strong, independent, doctor who handled whatever situation as best she could…without whining.

I just loved watching the relationship develop between these two. The sexual tension between these two is terrific. When they explode, they definitely explode. Oh what an explosion! Totally hot. I loved it. This is one of the only books that actually made me oooh and ahhh, laugh and cry…out loud! I actually yelled out loud with tears at one point. I’m just not that animated of a person. It was so embarrassing!

I highly recommend all the Black Dagger Brotherhood books to everyone. But V’s book if a definite must read. With John Mathew’s book coming out, it might just be time to read them again.

2 comments:

  1. I love V!!!! There are those who don't, but I'm so glad I found a kindred soul who did! I'm looking forward to Payne and Manny's book (after Lover Mine), where V is supposed to appear for a portion of the book. Can't wait for that. If only April 2011 will roll around quick!

    Carole
    The Romance Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, since we have the same great taste in books, I'm now a follower and I've added you to my blog roll. :)

    Carole
    The Romance Reviews

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...