Thursday, April 22, 2010

Upcoming Releases 4/27: Lover Mine by J.R. Ward

What can I say, I love J.R. Ward.  I've also enjoyed some of her work as Jessica Bird as well, but my favorite of all is most definiately the Black Dagger Brotherhood.  When I picked up my first one a year ago, I was done for.  I had no idea what Vampire or Paranormal Romance was really.  I was a vampire lover since I was a young girl, but Bram Stoker was pretty much it.  I found the the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris after becoming obsessed with the HBO series True Blood (I'm an Eric fan!),    Once I found the Brothers, I was hooked.  Once I found Vishous...I was in love.  Obsessed.  Over-the-top, where-do-I-find-one, V-is-Mine, obsessed!  It was seriously unhealthy there in the begining; I think it still might be.

Anyway,

I have read (devoured actually) many, many...many Vampire Romance Novels since then. The Midnight Breed novels by Lara Adrian, the Cat & Bones books by Jeannie Frost, Christine Feehan, Sherrilyn Kenyon; and the list goes on.  But never have I loved anything as much as the Brothers (Bram Stoker aside).

Now that she has started the Falled Angel series, we fans have 2 books coming out this year.  Personally, I think I would rather have 2 Black Dagger Brotherhood books, but thats just me.  I did like Covet from the Fallen Angel series, and I'm hoping for great things.  But I'm a hardcore BDB fan, so I'm going to be tough to please.

April is slated to bring fans the much awaited, Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood #8), which is John Matthew and Xhex's book.  Yeah...I've been so patient!  And later this year, Crave (Fallen Angels #2).


Published:  April 27th 2010 by NAL Hardcover (first published 2010)

Details:  Hardcover, 544 pages
isbn: 0451229851 (isbn13: 9780451229854)
Characters: John Matthew, Xhex

Description:  In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly war raging between vampires and their slayers. And there exists a secret band of brothers like no other - vampire warriors, defenders of their race... John Matthew has been through his vampire transition and taken to the life of the Brotherhood with a vengeance, but he still can't shake the nightmare of his past and is unsure of his future as a warrior hero. He's made a promise to honour the Brotherhood and their fight with the slayers at all costs, until the love of his life is kidnapped and he is forced to make a choice that could change his life and the Brotherhood's forever...


Crave (Fallen Angels, #2) Crave by J.R. Ward

Published: September 30th 2010 by Piatkus Books

Details: Mass Market Paperback, 560 pages
isbn: 0349400199 (isbn13: 9780349400198)
Website: http://www.jrward.com/
Characters: Jim Heron, Isaac Rothe
AmazonCrave: A Novel of the Fallen Angels


Description:  The battle between good and evil has left the future of humanity in the hands of a reluctant saviour and his band of fallen angels. Seven deadly sins that must be righted. Seven souls that must be saved. While his first task was success, Jim Heron is battling a demon that can take any form for the soul of someone he must identify on his own. If that weren't enough, his old boss Matthias wants Jim to assassinate an AWOL member of The Firm - Isaac, the man Jim is pretty sure he is supposed to save. Jim knows first hand that once you're in The Firm, there's no getting out. But when Jim finds Isaac to warn him, he has been picked up by the police for illegal street fighting, and it is clear that Isaac is falling for his gorgeous public defender. Is their love the redemption that will save Isaac's soul? Or has the demon Devina set an elaborate trap?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...