Sunday, May 16, 2010

Blog Love: Barbara Sheridan

Ok. We are going to try reeeeal hard to stop singing the praises of Aleksandr Voinov. At least for a minute. (remember please, I only said try) We are movin' on to... drum roll please...


*applause, whistles, hoots and hollers from the enormous crowd*

You remember Barbara from the awesomest of all time ~ my first ever interview ~ don't you? Of course you do. I know you do. Know how I know? 'cuz she rocks. Oh yeah. *whoot, whoot* She does.

How much do I think she rocks? Got a song...that's right. Yes I do. A song. Not just everyone gets a cool theme song.

Somehow, I just know she'd approve. ;)

I'm a bitch, I'm a bitch
Oh the bitch is back
Stone cold sober as a matter of fact
I can bitch, I can bitch
`Cause I'm better than you
It's the way that I move
The things that I do

(*smooch*)

That was soooo supposed to go differently. But after much consideration, I decided against my original Beach Boys song, as well as "She's a Brick House", "Hot Stuff"...hell, I was even going to change her name to Fernando just so I could pull out some ABBA. Fernando. I still might. That just makes me laugh.

I just crack myself up. *laughs* I do.

But seriously though. She does rock. Truly. So she gets a...what do you call an Elton John song? I don't know. Not rockin', but it fits. This is love after all. Not torture. (I'll save that for later).

You'll totally think I'm a nut when I tell you, I've only read... one...of her books. Clean Slate. Loved it. Knew I would. No big surprise.
She rocks because I liked their book, she rocks because of that super fun interview, and she rocks just because she's way friggin' cool...and fun too. :))

I've been wanting to give her some blog love since the interview and the book, but I was trying to find a minute to read more of her stuff. But between losing all her books and goodies, and that darn Aleksandr Voinov, super-author, coming out with 2 more books (does that count as praise?) I got all side tracked.

I've read...nothing.

*pouts* I wanted to spread uber blog love and tell you how great all her books are.

Oh well, I'll get to it. If Clean Slate is anything to go by, they're going to be awesome. And there's like a million of them! Really...a million! She writes m/f, m/m yaoi with Anne Cain, and this awesome new m/m spy goodness with Aleksandr Voinov. Really. A million books!

Ok, maybe not THAT many, but it seemed like a million when I was trying to make a pretty, linky, book list of all her books, with pretty covers too. It's so friggin' long (without the book covers!) it's going to take it's own post. I haven't even finished it yet! Now that's a book list!

Impressive. Damn friggin' impressive I say.

*dreamy* And all the pretty covers too.

Anyway, I think I've got sufficient Barbara goodies to share with you to officially dub this...

*Buck Rogers intro/futuristic voice*


(Yeah, *giggles* cracking myself up.)

So, what's on tap...

• My Clean Slate review
• Barbara's enormous book list
• An excerpt from Samurai Captive

And...saving the best for last...

• Whatever else I find...and...feel like.

Enough blathering crazy blog love for now. (Amora's blog love looks a little different that most blog love doesn't it. That's 'cuz I'm u-Nique!)

;)

See ya!

6 comments:

  1. Hey, nice singing. :)

    I've read several of Ms Sheridan's stories as well as some of the ones co-authored with Anne Cain. Very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks! If only there were sound...

    I can't wait to dive in. She's got so many books! Something for everyone, that's for sure. thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb is a wonderful lady - a great writer, great to work with, and generally super-cool. She deserves all the love we can give her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Aleks: she is a wonderful lady. I agree. And super cool, yep.

    love, love, love, love, love.
    *doing the love dance*
    love, love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Barb: blushing already? It's only the first day...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...