Wednesday, August 4, 2010

New Release: Illustrated Men

This book looks really cool, I am soooo going to have to check it out.  It's art inspired short stories.  That sounds awesome to me.  And on the list of contributing authors, Aleksandr Voinov, so... well you know, I have to have it. *shrugs* what can I say, you know I love his books.  


'Tis said of love that it sometimes goes, sometimes flies; runs with one, walks gravely with another; turns a third into ice, and sets a fourth in a flame: it wounds one, another it kills: like lightning it begins and ends in the same moment: it makes that fort yield at night which it besieged but in the morning; for there is no force able to resist it.--Miguel de Cervantes


TitleIllustrated Men 
With short stories from his fans inspired by his artwork


Release Date:  July 2010

Cover Artist:  Michael Breytte

Paperback:  164 pgs

Available atMlrBooks (ebook)

A thousand words, a single picture...

Since artists are often called upon to turn prose into a visual for such things as book covers, I wondered, would writers be able to pick up the creative torch and run in the opposite direction? I had little doubts they could and it got me excited wondering what they would come up with for my own pastel paintings.

So with that it mind I though it would be fun to launch a contest and invite friends, fans of my art, amateur scribes, professionals writers, really anyone who wanted, to pick a painting from my body of work and build a short story around it.


As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. I wanted to find out if that was true.


Art-inspired short stories contributors for this collection include: L. John Williams, Todd Schoonover, Veronica, Aleksandr Voinov & Marquesate, Linda Schnelle, John Stewart, George Seaton, Gabriel Morgan, Alan Bennett Ilagan, Todd Peissig, Harold Dixon, Justin Shephred, Clare London, and artist Michael Breyette.







Read an Excerpt.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I saw this over at Jessewave's place and thought it looked good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does doesn't it. I'll read anything from Voinov I can get my hands on. Never been disappointed in his books yet. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...