Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Anchored Blog Tour: My Review and Special Character Interview


Today's the BIG day!  I am so excited to have Rachel Haimowitz and several of her characters over for a visit today as she makes my Place one of her stops on her Anchored Release Party Blog Tour. 


As I’ve been telling pretty much anyone who will listen, today is my review of Anchored, and a special Amara’s Place round table interview with several of the characters from the book.  Rachel, as well as Jane, Dave, Tim and *rolls eyes* Mister Eric Foster, will be hanging out today, so please feel free to ask them any questions that might tickle your fancy.  Emphasis on ANY

And…there are prizes too, but we'll get to that in a bit...

First... my review.  Drum roll please...

The Blurb:  Network news anchor Daniel Halstrom is at the top of his field, but being at the bottom of the social ladder—being a slave—makes that hard to enjoy. Especially when NewWorld Media, the company who's owned him since childhood, decides to lease him on evenings and weekends to boost their flagging profits.

Daniel's not stupid; he knows there's only one reason a man would pay so much for what little free time he has, and it's got nothing to do with his knowledge of current events. But he's never been made to serve like that before, and he fears he won't survive the experience with his sanity intact.

He finds himself in the home of Carl Whitman, a talk show host whose words fail him time and again when it comes to ordering Daniel to bed. Daniel knows what Carl wants, but it seems as if Carl isn't willing to take it, and Daniel's not willing to give it freely. His recalcitrance costs him dearly, but with patience and some hard-won understanding, love just might flourish where once there'd been only fear and pain. Can Carl become the anchor in Daniel's turbulent life, or will he end up the weight that sinks his slave for good?   

**WARNING: This book contains potentially triggering subject matter, including a violent on-screen rape.

My Review:  4.5 out of 5 Amara stars

It isn’t often I’m pulled into a book by the end of a prologue, but this one did grab me that fast.  Extremely well written, the author has created a modern day alternate universe that includes all the comforts and technology we enjoy today, but intertwined with a slave cast system from household servant to famous news anchor. 

Daniel, news anchor and slave, is leased out to Carl, competing anchor from another network.  I enjoyed watching as the two learned to come to grips with their new situation and relationship, although I did wish Daniel would have more readily accepted the situation he found himself in.  Carl, I absolutely loved.  Ever the patient, understanding, benevolent master, who treated his slaves like people, not property.

There is some extreme violence in this one, including a rape scene that I was very glad I was previously warned about. However, the author managed to bring me through it without jarring me out of the story, and even making it a necessary turning point in the book.

By the end of the story, I did have a few unanswered questions, such as how did slavery come to exist in this modern day world the author created.  However, the questions I am left with only serve to make me anxious to read the next book, learn more about world they live in and see how the relationship between Carl and Daniel progresses.

Now, if I may indulge, a little Amara sit down with Jane, Dave, Tim and Mr. Foster…

*opens the door and ushers them in*… Welcome.  Come in, come in… thank you all for joining me.  If you will all have a seat…

Jane, you can sit there…Dave, why don’t you sit next to her… then you Tim… and finally… *glares* Mr. Foster,  you can sit there, next to Tim I suppose.

Alright, we’ll just work our way around the table here, Jane, if I may, let’s start with you.

Now, dear, if I understand correctly, you take care of Carl’s, uh… the Master’s… house.  The cooking, cleaning and so on, I’m curious… what’s your favorite dish to cook for the Master? 

Well, I can tell you his favorite: steak and gravy, mashed potatoes with lotsa milk and butter, flash-steamed asparagus, and brownies for dessert. I prefer my cookin’ with a few more ingredients, but the master’d be the first to say he ain’t got the palate to appreciate the finer stuff. 

Oh, that sounds delicious.  I can’t say as I blame him, I’m a meat and potatoes girl myself.  *looks at Dave*  Alright, now Dave…what did you do before the Master bought you?

I was brought up a handyman, belonged to a general contractor. Learned siding, woodwork, roofing, some metalwork, some plumbing, some electric. He died suddenly about ten years ago—hit by a drunk driver—and I got left to his brother, who owned a restaurant in the East Village. Couldn’t cook for shit, so I did a lot of carting, deliveries, general repairs, helped him redecorate. Honestly? It was pretty boring. Not even sure why he kept me, really. But I’m glad he did, ’cos I met Jane there. And he had no trouble selling me along with her when Master Whitman came round to buy us. 

And now you do… *flips through notes* …construction work.  What kind of construction work specifically do you do?

Mostly façade work, now. Scaffold erection, plaster repair, roof repair, window installation, that kind of thing. Master has me signed up through a temp agency that places skilled slaves. Sometimes the job’s just a day, sometimes they need someone three, four months. 

*Nods*  Interesting.  Ok, Tim… it says here, you’re a “slave handler”.  Tell me, if you don’t mind, exactly how, and when, did you become a slave handler?

By accident? *laughs* But really, it kind of was. “Slave hander” isn’t really my job title; it’s actually “Executive Broadcast Producer.” But back when Daniel was still just a field reporter in the foreign correspondent pool, I was the producer assigned to work with him. So we did a ton of traveling together, roomed together, ate together, worked stories together. And you’re always crashing deadlines in this business, scramble scramble scramble, so we worked close. I was more or less volunteered as his handler because I was the one who spent the most time—heck, sometimes all the time—with him. And once a slave starts traveling like that, leaving the office for the field, someone has to be legally responsible for him. He’s not in the field so much anymore, but he’s a celebrity now, and the nature of his position means he has some special needs, so he still merits a handler. 
 
I’m curious, what’s it like to be the handler, or, I’m sorry, the Executive Broadcast Producer?  What are your duties?

It’s largely a legal issue. I’m the company’s responsible representative for Daniel. So if he goes off and does something horribly wrong, I’m the one who’ll get fired for it. When we travel, I essentially act as his master, making sure he has everything he needs, making sure he does what he’s supposed to do. It’s basically the same situation back at the office, except there’s less for me to do in that regard when we’re not on the road. I’m also his liaison to the rest of the staff, to the InfoGlobe higher-ups, to HR. I basically try to keep him on track and keep him happy and healthy. If something’s wrong, it’s my job to know. If he’s sick, it’s my job to make sure he gets treated. If he’s slacking—not, mind you, that he ever does—it’s my job to punish him, or, for more serious infractions, to report him up the chain. But really? Daniel’s pretty low maintenance, so most of my work hours are spent producing the show. 

Hmm.  Interesting.  *flips through notes, taps pen on table* …*huffs*…Sooo…*looks up and glares*…Mister Foster…what exactly is your job description?  Do you even have one? 

I’m the Chief VP of Human Resources at NewWorldMedia, U.S. Slave Division. Basically what that means is I see to the buying, selling, training, and placing of every NewWorld slave in the country. Mostly it’s a managerial job, of course; I have a staff of nearly two-thousand people, mostly trainers, teachers, field directors, staffing managers, that sort of thing. But we do have a handful of highly visible, highly successful slaves at NewWorld, and I tend to handle that property myself.

*rolls eyes*  Well, aren’t we just all that.  *clears throat*…

Alright, Jane dear, back to you. ..tell me dear, what’s it like cleaning up after these 3 men?  *leans in grinning* Are they total slobs?

*Laughs* Well, the master ain’t exactly the neatest man in the world, but he sure is a busy man, so I understand. He bought me for the cleanin’, after all . . . why should he have to worry about it? Now Dave . . . that’s a different story. Messy as they come, I tell ya, you’d swear he was a freeman the way he leaves things lyin’ everywhere. He wasn’t always, mind—I think I spoiled him. And Daniel? That boy’s neat as a pin. I practically have to tie him to his chair to get him to let me do his dishes, even though all I do is a little cookin’ and cleanin’, while he’s puttin’ in fourteen-hour days over at NewWorld.

*laughs* I can totally see that.  Now Dave, I have to know…what do you do when not out on job?

Fortunately, I get work most days through the agency, so I don’t do too much sitting around. I’d feel terrible knowing he was feeding and clothing me and not earning my keep. But the master doesn’t work me most weekends unless a job requires it, and on those days I mostly just stay in with Jane, or maybe go up on the roof with her and watch the city lights. Master lets us go out a lot on our own, though. We wander the parks, and there’s some museums and stuff that let in unsupervised slaves. Some weekends Master Whitman’ll even buy us movie tickets, or buy us dinner at a restaurant. And he always lets us watch the TV and read his books, though I have to admit I’m not much of a reader.

Movie tickets?  I love that.  He seems like quite a generous man. 

So Tim, one question is nagging at me… tell me true…what are your real feeling for Daniel, yes I know, handler, but… is there something more going on there?

You mean do I . . . Oh, god no. No, no, no. He’s like a— That’d be like fucking your best friend’s kid. I care about him a lot, god knows I do. And I do everything I can to see him happy. But he’s my charge, my ward almost, you know? Plus, to be perfectly honest, I’ve never really felt much for men. Daniel’s a damn good-looking guy, don’t get me wrong. But he’s not really my type. 

I understand, but I just had to ask.  I guess that puts us back to you, Mister Foster.  What I want to know is, do you just beat the shit out people to get your rocks off?

Excuse me? I apply corrective force as necessary to ensure proper attitude, obedience, and a harmonious work environment for slaves and freemen alike, and I frankly resent your implication that we abuse our slaves in any way. Every corrective action we perform is well within the parameters of the laws of this nation and the wider world, and NewWorld Media has some of the lowest incidences of slave-related workforce issues in the entire Fortune 500.

Hmph.  Likey story.  And frankly… I don’t give a damn what you resent.  Moving on…

Jane…what’s it like to live in the Master’s house?

Are you kiddin’? Have you seen the master’s apartment? Three-bedroom penthouse in the heart of Manhattan . . . it don’t get much nicer than that. Plus, he’s a very kind and generous man. We know we’re safe here, comfortable. He makes us feel like it’s our home, too.

That is soooo  wonderful.  I really like him.  I really do.  So Dave… the Master bought you two as a couple?  How long were you together? 

Let’s see . . . We’ve been here five years, and before that we’d known each other four, though we didn’t really start thinking of ourselves as partners for a year or so. So, eight years I guess?

8 years?  Nice.  Tell me honey, when did you know you were in love w/each other?

Okay, so, at the old restaurant, we had a bunkroom in the back where all the slaves slept: three cooks, eight waiters, and me. And get this . . . twelve people? One bathroom. One. Well, one slave bathroom, anyway; sometimes we snuck off and used the one in the restaurant proper, but don’t you be repeating that to anyone, okay? Anyway, close quarters like that, and the master not caring who did what with who, well, there were always . . . things going on at night. Not Jane, though. She was quiet, kept to herself. I slept next to her—we were both in a top bunk—and she’d stare and stare and stare at me some nights, and I’d stare back thinking, God, she’s beautiful, and She looks sad. One day I decided couldn’t bear to see her sad anymore, and we got to talking, and . . . I dunno, it just kinda happened. Two, maybe three weeks after our first long conversation across the bunk beds, she decided to climb into mine instead of hers. Never left since. Don’t know how I got so lucky, but I’m glad I did, very glad I did. She’s an amazing little lady, my Jane. Wish I could marry her, but . . . well, you know the laws. Wouldn’t count for nothing. Master Whitman offered to buy us rings anyway, though. See?

*wipes tear, sniffles* Oh Dave… that’s just… beautiful.  Oh, … you two, what beautiful rings!  That is just, that is just the sweetest story!  *sniffles* ok, ok… I’m sorry, I’m all choked up.  *wipes eyes*

Alright, Tim, back to you…tell me…how do you and Mr. Foster get along?

Honestly? I think Eric’s kind of a dick. But he’s got a hard job, I know that, and fuck, I’m way too big a softie to fill his shoes, so it’s probably not fair for me to judge. We’re cordial, colleagues, but I’ve never felt the urge to join him for drinks after work, if you know what I mean.

*snickers* …kind of a dick, that’s an understatement.  *dramatic sigh* back to you again Mr. Foster.  So…how did you get this job?

I got my job by getting an Ivy-league education, working hard, and being damn good at what I do, thank you very much.

Of course you did.  *rolls eyes*  I forgot, you are the shit, aren’t you.  Alright then, riddle me this…

When did you first realize you wanted to fuck Daniel? 

I never wanted to fuck Daniel; I merely wanted to put him in his place. Boy had a serious attitude problem that required a serious and job-appropriate attitude adjustment. I provided it, as per the expectations of my employers.

And you know, young lady, I think maybe you could use an attitude adjustment yourself. What’s that? You’re not a slave? Well, better hope you never become one, either, because I’ll remember you, Adara.

Job-appropriate attitude adjustment?  That’s fucked up…Aaron.  Pretty lippy with the ladies aren’t we.  By all means, bring it asshole, I’d like to see you try… I’ll kick your ass.

*mutters* asshole.  *takes deep breath*  Ok, sorry guys, *deep breath*  Last question, Jane, do tell…is there sexual tension in the house now?

Oh, it was wicked bad there for a while, but things are better now. Them boys’ve got it all straightened out.

*smiles* I’m so glad.  Dave…how do you get along with Daniel?

He was kind of a skittish little thing when he first got here, yeah? To be honest, I was afraid to spook him. He’s doing all right now, though, and sure, we get along fine. Not a whole lot to talk about, though; he don’t know jack about construction, and I don’t know jack about current events. Don’t see very much of him either, to be honest. Guy works like one of those poor horses pulling carriages through Central Park all day, and most nights the master keeps him plenty busy, if you know what I mean. To be honest? I might’ve wanted a piece of that if Jane didn’t make me so happy. And if he weren’t, you know, the master’s property. 

*giggles*  Alrighty then.  You are just the cutest, aren’t you.  And Tim…

Do you live with any guilt after leaving Daniel alone with…*says with venom*…Mister Foster?

Oh come on, now, that’s not fair. Daniel needed correcting, and Eric took care of it. And yeah, okay, maybe it was a little harsh, and god knows it kills me to see Daniel hurting like that, but I kind of have to agree with Eric here that Daniel brought this on himself. And hey, look at him now. Look how happy he is. You think that would’ve happened if Eric hadn’t set him straight?

*gasps* Tim… *shakes head*… a little harsh?  I don’t think… I think… *shakes head*… never mind what I think. 

Alright…*glares*… Aaron… tell me…how does it feel to be such a prick?

I’m not even going to dignify that with an answer. What publication did you say you worked for? Let me see your credentials again.

*laughs* I work for myself, and the only credentials you need to see…are hanging there… *points*…on the wall behind you… those would be the claymores, and the hand grenades.  They are multi-purpose tools, don’t make me use them on you.

So if you answer that one, how about this…

Does anybody like you?  Mother?  Spouse?  Significant Other?  Sister?  Brother?  Anybody?

That’s it, this interview is over. Get out of my office and don’t come back.

*evil laugh* you, Mister Foster, are in MY Place now.  And you are correct, this interview IS over.  And you… may leave... but not before I tell you.  As much as I want you gone… my guests may have questions for you.  And you sir… will answer them.

Now, how about a little coffee for the rest of you, while I tell everyone a little about the fantabulous Rachel Haimowitz and go into the fine details about the contest and the rest of the tour? Then we’ll open the floor to our guests for any comments or questions they might have. Sound good?

*pours coffee all around*
**********************************
Rachel is an M/M erotic romance author and a freelance writer and editor. She originally dipped her toes into cable news and book publishing, decided the water was cold and smelled kinda funny, and moved on to help would-be authors polish and publish, write for websites and magazines, and ghostwrite nonfiction.

Her first novel, an M/M fantasy erotic romance titled Counterpoint: Book One of Song of the Fallen, released in August 2010 with Guiltless Pleasure Publishing. Her second novel, an M/M alternate-history erotic romance titled Anchored: Belonging Book One, released January 17 with Noble Romance Publishing. Her third, Crescendo: Book II of Song of the Fallen, will release in the fall of 2011. In between, Rachel is writing shorts and novellas, including the M/M BDSM collection Sublime: Collected Shorts, and a not-yet-released cyberpunk novella titled Break and Enter, co-written with Aleksandr Voinov.

You can find Rachel tweeting as RachelHaimowitz, chatting in the Goodreads forums, and blogging at Rachel-Haimowitz.blogspot.com. She loves to hear from folks, so feel free to drop her a line anytime at metarachel (at) gmail (dot) com.

**********************************
And now, the fine print...

Anyone leaving a comment here from now until January 23rd is eligible to win a copy of Counterpoint: Book I of Song of the Fallen, or a copy of Sublime: Collected Shorts, winner’s choice.   She will also be giving away a swag bag containing one larger item (hat, t-shirt, mug, mouse pad, notebook, tote bag, etc.) and a bunch of smaller items (magnets, bookmarks, cover flats, etc.) featuring the cover art of Anchored and Counterpoint. 

Be sure to check out the other stops on the tour and leave comments for more chances to win, the next stop today is a Reader Q&A, Part III with Rick Reed.  Just in case you missed them, yesterday’s stops included a great review by Bryl Tyne and Rachel had some Classified ads from the Anchored world (Slaves for Sale!) at the Coffee Time Romance blog.

Tomorrow, the tour moves on for a book-related Q&A with Brita Addams then a review by Aleksandr Voinov.

The complete list of tour stops can be found on Rachel’s blog Fantasy Unbound.  On January 23 - 24 she will be having Grand-prize giveaways over on her blog, Rachel-Haimowitz.blogspot.com , so don’t forget to check that out.  
Heehee, that was fun.  

*smooch*

39 comments:

  1. LOL, you're adorable, dear. Thanks for hosting me and the motley crew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL,thanks. And you're most welcome, I just couldn't be more excited =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hhahaha I Love the ending of the interview!! you're hilarious!! and I can't wait for the second book too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, thanks Mia, glad you liked it. I can't wait for the second one either. I just have to read more. MORE! Thanks for stopping by my dear. You rock. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited about this tour and that one of my favorite bloggers is part of it too, well that makes it wicked awesome!!!!

    *Shares a knowing look with Aaron - Pricks have the most fun*

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sweet: *blushes* awww, shucks. You are just too sweet.

    LOLOL, you're too funny. I suppose they do, but I... just want to whup this one. Friggin' Mister Foster. Noooo likey that prick.

    Thanks for stopping by honey. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab interview, just finished Anchored and my only complaint is it's too short, dammit. I can't wait for book 2 either. I'm just about to potter off to read Counterpoint xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. @wusswoo: Thanks, I'm so glad you liked it :)

    LOL, I didn't want it to end either, I'm totally hooked for book 2. Now I just have to be patient and wait. I'm soooo not good at that. I'm about to start Counterpoint, I hear such good things about it I can hardly wait. I was only trying to hold out until after the blog tour so I could squirrel myself away and dive in. :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by, hope you have a great day :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, stupid frigging iphone! Sorry if there ends up being a double post. As I TRIED to say earlier....

    Great interview Amara!

    Looks like a very interesting read Rachel. I will have to grab a copy this weekend. Congrats on your release! Hope everything goes well with it.

    Thanks,

    Brandi
    scssugar(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Brandi: lol, no pressure hun. I'm trying to do it from my phone too. Sucky that.

    I'm so glad you liked the interview, thanks bunches :)

    Thanks for stopping by, hope you're having a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a fun and humorous interview; I loved it!

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a delightful interview. I'm glad we had Jane and Dave there or else I'm worried a fight may have broken out!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Mia_Love: Isn't she, though? This gal never fails to make me laugh :D

    @Sweet Vernal Zephyr: I was excited to stop here too; everything Amara touches just sparkles :D

    @Wusswoo: Thanks so much for stopping by; I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed Anchored! If it makes you feel better, there are three more stories in the Anchored world I want to write, so there'll definitely be more opportunities to see the boys and even meet some new ones.

    @Brandi: Thanks so much for joining in the tour, and I hope you enjoy the book!

    @Tracey: OMG I know, she is HILARIOUS. I was cracking up writing my answers, even if not all my characters appreciated her humor so much ;-p

    @Alex: LOL, nah. Tim and Eric are professionals, even if they're not each other's favorite people. I'm pretty sure neither one of them has ever been in a fistfight in their lives, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo I hate the MISTER Foster! Excellent interviews with characters from an excellent book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @RainbowPer: Yeah, I don't think he's getting Christmas cards from anyone in this room ;-p Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words!

    (Also, haha, captcha agrees: "retchmi" :D)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Tracey: Yay, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! =D

    @Alex: Lol, you and me both. I'm glad you liked the the interview. Thanks so much for stopping by.

    @RainbowPer: Isn't he horrible?! He makes me growl! heehee, it was fun being mean to him. I'm glad you liked the interview, it's my first character interview ever. =D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome job Amara!! I love the way you handled Mr. Foster.... what an ass he is! Looking forward to reading the book!

    I KNEW you could do this! Have you relaxed yet?

    ReplyDelete
  18. lol. awesome interview! Amara, you're like one of my new favorite people :D (not in a creepy way D:).

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Rachel: You're making me blush. Truth be told...I'm so glad you liked the interview too. LOL, I was so terribly nervous, I didn't sleep a wink last night!

    And for the record... A fight totally could have broken out. Matters not if Tim or Mister Foster are professionals... I want to whup that guy! It's a Black Mamba thing. She's my other personality, and she's mean. When I was typing this up... we had full blown gnashing of teeth going on! Lol, I think it's the first time I've ever wanted to use my claymores and hand grenades for something other than cheering. LOL, I may have gotten a little to worked up. =D

    ANYhoo...

    You're captcha makes me laugh. But then like you told me before... the captcha doesn't lie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Jen: um... no...well, maybe I've relaxed some. LOL, I was a wreck. I was a friggin' wreck all day today! LOL, I've never done one of these before, you know, not a tour OR a character interview. I've never been mean in an interview either. heehee, that was fun, I liked it =D

    I'm so glad you liked it dear. Thank you SO much for stopping by! You rock!

    @Bookworm: LOL! You're making me blush AND laugh at the same. I'm so very glad you enjoyed it. Thank you thank you, and I'm totally flattered. And grinning ear to ear =D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amara Dear, You are the one that rocks! I went and bought this book just because you did such an awesome job with the interviewing that I had to read more. You handled the bickering and antagonism beautifully and did a great job being mean to the nasty Mr. Foster. He deserves those claymores and grenades in a very dark and uncomfortable place.... just make sure they are live first! =)

    I am so glad you had fun doing this.... that shows thru in your treatment of the interview and sucked me into buying Rachel's book. Your fun made this fun and very enjoyable to read.

    Excellent job Amara! You rocked this hard!

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Jen: You did? Really? You are too awesome. You totally just made me smile so big my face hurts. lol, seriously. I don't even know what to say. You just totally made my night.

    You so rock. =D =D =D

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Bookworm: She's one of my new favorite people too, except totally in a creepy way :D (Amara dear, did you know your panties don't match that bra? ;-p)

    @Amara: Awww, I'm sorry you didn't sleep last night, hon :( But you were awesome! You can relax now and bask in our well-deserved love and admiration :D

    @Jen: Wow, that is awesome to hear :D Thanks so much for following the tour and for supporting me, and I hope Anchored was everything you thought it'd be!

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Rachel: ROTFL. You so make me laugh. I'm supposed to be the stalker here. WTH?!

    I am going to sleep like a log tonight, that is for sure! Even as nervous as I was thou, I totally had a blast. We're going to have to do this again. It was fun. But next time... I'm coming for you. I have got to get you over here for an Amara style interview.

    Maybe we could do it from your basement or something. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Rachel, I really did go buy your book just a little while ago... within an hour or so of reading the awesome post Amara did with your characters. I will read it maybe tonight, but definitely some time this weekend and I am sure I will love it. I do appreciate the warning tho of the rape.

    Amara, LOL! Yes, I really did buy the book. Even got it properly downloaded onto my new Nook Color! I am glad I made you smile so big that it made your face hurt and that I made your night. You deserve to smile and be happy. you did a phenomenal job and deserve to bask in your happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Amara: I'd love to do an interview with you; if you're even half as hilarious with me as you were with my characters, it'll be an experience worth having. Not in my basement, though . . . you won't be able to hear me over all the screaming ;-)

    @Jennifer: Thanks again, and I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Rachel: Hey, where'd you come from? LOL, wow, you're quick.

    Ok, not the basement. I'll just come play down there. We'll do the interview at my place. And yes, it'll be some kind of experience. Just no clue what kind. It'll be a surprise. lol, they usually are. Not even I know what they'll end up looking like.

    I can't wait. It'll be fun =D

    ReplyDelete
  28. @Amara: Heh, I'm sitting at my computer now, so, instant comment notification.

    As for the interview, any time you like, m'dear. And of course you can come visit my basement :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good column. The secondary characters are an interesting bunch. Mr. Foster, how do you live with yourself knowing you bring pain to anyone you touch? Have you no compassion? What is the situation was reversed? How would you feel to be on the receiving end?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Says Foster: Oh god, you people are still here? Fine. *sighs* Look, I don't know where you all got the idea that I'm such a badguy, but I'm just doing my job, and I do it very well, thank you. Ask Daniel; he'll tell you he's happy at NewWorld. And yes, he had a rough patch, but he's happy again, isn't he? Do you really think he would have been if I hadn't set him straight? I don't enjoy correcting my slaves, but a well-behaved slave is a happy slave, as is a slave with a firm master and a clear understanding of his duties.

    As for our situation being reversed? Well, for one thing, that's not possible. Slaves can't be freed, and I'm not about to go bankrupt or breaking the law, so I'll never end up one myself. But even if I did? Order is important, and I respect authority. I'd never end up where Daniel ended up, because I'd have done my duty.

    ReplyDelete
  31. *glares at Mister Foster* Hmph. *crosses arms* Yes, we are still here, and Mister Foster, I would appreciate it if you would watch your tone when speaking with my guests.

    *looks at She* Thank you She for your wonderful questions. I apologize for his... *glares at Mr. Foster* ... rudeness.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Heh, I'm pretty sure that if Mr. Foster were less of a professional, he'd be saying "Well fuck you too" right about now :-p

    Ooh, captcha agrees: allfuc :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOL, and Amara's Mamba side would be saying... "No one talks to the Mamba that way, especially at her Place." and there would probably be growling. :p

    ReplyDelete
  34. LOL! Remind me not to piss off Mamba :D

    (Captcha offers Mamba a kitin!)

    ReplyDelete
  35. LMAO. Nah, you're safe. She likes you. =)

    She likes kitins too. =D

    ReplyDelete
  36. Rachel, I stayed up til about 1 am reading Anchored... really enjoyed it! I cannot wait to read the second in the series! =)

    Mr. Foster, you are a nasty, evil, low down, nasty, sadistic asshole. I don't like you at all... despicable person all the way around. I wonder how you would feel if someone did that to you! Some day, I hope you get your just rewards and the person dishing it out to you is even meaner and nastier than you are!

    ReplyDelete
  37. @Jennifer: Aw, thanks for the kind words! It's a wonderful compliment to hear someone sacrificed sleep to finish your book :D

    If you've got a spare minute, hop on over to my latest blog post. I'm putting out a collection of short stories in the Anchored world and want to hear what you guys want to read about.

    As for Mr. Foster, well, I think he left the room. He was sick of, and I quote, "Taking bullshit abuse from bleeding-heart liberals who have no doubt never had to deal with a recalcitrant slave in their entire lives." There may or may not have been some bird-flipping on the way out.

    ReplyDelete
  38. tsk tsk. *shakes head* Mr. Foster, Mr. Foster.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...