Thursday, March 24, 2011

Obsession Reborn

I spent last night doing pretty much nothing I planned on doing. I should perhaps just stop the planning thing altogether. Planning and Amara do not go hand in hand. Willy Nilly and Amara are much more compatible.

‘twas a good evening thou. I spent the afternoon in a “Live writing” bit of friggin’ awesome. That floats my boat tough. Afterwards, I sat and chatted a bit and was, for the second time, turned on to some damn fine fanfic over on Goodreads.

Special Forces fanfic to be exact.

O.M.G. … I loved that so much. I have tried over the last year to be less consumed with my extreme obsession of Special Forces, or more specifically, of Vadim. There are actually other books out there, other characters that the author has written that I also love. But that Vadim. Oooooh Vadim. What he does to me. I don’t think I have ever had a character consume me like he does. Not ever.

Poking my head in over there at the Aleksandr Voinov Book Group on Goodreads, and reading some of the fanfic has done only one thing…

Brought it all back to the surface. It may be time to stop putting off my reread, brace myself, and dive back in.  Only this time, instead of the original, I want to dive into the Director's Cut version. 


I've actually not read it yet.  For shame be upon me.  Especially since it the uber specialEST book in my house.  The version of beautimus that sits atop my desk in their special frame... the ones I drool over, and pet... often. 

Oh yeah, I'm that scary.  Not ashamed.

And all I can say is…

I am still completely hopelessly in love with a seriously fucked up Russian Spetnaz soldier. And will be forevermore.

That is all.

Just sayin’

3 comments:

  1. I too love Special Forces!! Started reading it while they were still writing it which was bad, very bad for someone who has not patience,lol. It was so so hard to wait for each chapter to be posted. The book was just that darn good. But, I don't know why you called it fanfic. This is original fiction, not based on characters. Unless I have been totally clueless about the story from the beginning(which is definitely possible,lol).
    Anyway, wanted to say I love your blog and am so glad I found it on Marie's site. I've had a blast reading it. Keep up the excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no, I'm sorry, I didn't mean that Special Forces was fanfic, I had read some fanfic that someone had written with the characters of SF, and it had just reminded me how much I loved them. Hardcore Vadim girl here, so I just ended up all "oooooh Vadim" again. :)

    I'm glad I found SF when they had finished it, so that I could read it straight thru. lol there I don't see how I could have done it piece by piece... I'd have gone mad!

    I'm glad you liked the blog. I hope you come back and see me again.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...