Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Rant update...


This morning, I smile.  A little anyway.  For just a minute.

You or may not, have seen my growling rant from the other night.  My Fed Up with Facebook hate and intolerance rant.  I growled a long while over that, truthfully, I still growl.  I'm a firm believer in right is right, and wrong is not.  I'm also a protest girl at heart.  Once I get fired up about something, there is pretty much no stopping me.  Sometimes I do big things, sometimes little things, matters not to me.  I have a voice, I will use it.  There are just some things I won't remain silent on.

After posting my rant, and seeing some things happening over on FB directly related to the photo deleting, the account deleting and the hate pages I took a stand, along with many others.  Not my first, won't be my last.  It was a simple thing really, a little thing... I changed my profile pics to ones that resemble those that have been deleted, those "unfamily friendly" same sex kissing pics.  Those ones that FB likes to delete.

Is it a big thing?  Nah, not really.  Will I get deleted... Don't care, bring it.  I truly am fed up.

This day, when I logged on, my account is still there, my pics still up, but... the hate page is gone, and I found an article...


Has anything made a difference?  I don't know.  Will they change their over aggressive policing?  Doubt it.  Will other hate pages spring up?  Already have, and I will continue to growl and report them.  So what's it all mean... not a clue.

There are bigger fights than Facebook, this I know.  These I fight as well, not every fight I fight is in the public eye, and I don't spend a lot of time fighting FB, but right is right and wrong is not, and somehow this feels like a small victory.  

And that makes me smile.

Later taters

"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"  ~ Edmund Burke

3 comments:

  1. Removed in error my blessed ass. At least they reversed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly how I felt. And last time I looked, 2 of the hate pages came downso I'm going with... small victory is better than no victory.

    Doesn't change the fact that I can't stand fb anymore thou. Still thinking of closing my fb completely. I have more problems over there than I care to deal with anymore. Bummer that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for participating in the protest, hun. No matter how suspicious the outcome at least there was one because of the action of you and others.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...