Tuesday, April 26, 2011

When Nature Attacks and some books.

Well, Monday didn't really get any better.  I went from all that fun morning stuff to a full blown "When Nature Attacks" thing.  The morning went alright once I hit work and everything was fine right up until I came home at lunch time and noticed some branches on my deck.  Wait, my deck... the lattice wall thingy surrounding the doesn't work hot tub was all messed up and broken, odd...

I went outside and OH... well gee... there's a tree on my house.  On my house.  A friggin' tree.  Not good.  Said tree, on my house, has poked 2 holes all the way thru the roof, on the awning part.  Not sure what that means for the rest of the roof, but somehow I'm thinking... that can't be good.  Upon further inspection, it seems there is quite possibly several new nature made skylights... in my attic.

That can't be good either.



While trying to figure out wth... daughter noticed... said tree took out another tree on it's way down.  It is now the only thing holding up that side of the fence.  This tree seems to have taken out yet another tree that is... well... on my house.  No holes in roof from 3rd tree, I think.  Somewhere in there is a bonus... um...yeah, I think.


We have... tree dominos.  Does not rock.

The land lord has tried to duct tape the holes, and surprise surprise... you can't duct tape a roof.  Yeah, I know.  Thanks for trying.  Please remove trees and make me a roof... sans duct tape.  'cuz, ya know... that'd be cool.

Blah Blah Blah... tree on my house.

Yesterday's motto of fuck everything and become a pirate... totally appropriate.

Yeah... how about some books.

A couple of new releases I was eyeballing this week...well... before the whole When Nature Attacks thing.

Happy reading.


Publisher:  Total eBound
Release Date:  April 25th
Length:  Novel

Alex Brady was looking for some excitement in his life, but nothing could have prepared him for what a trip to Tuscany would bring him—excitement, yes, but with an undercurrent of danger that could possibly end up costing him far more than the price of the vacation.

When Alex tells his best friend Russ of his proposed trip to Tuscany, Russ tries to dissuade him, especially when Alex explains he’ll be renting a car and making his own way around a foreign country. Russ is sure Alex will get lost or mugged.

On his first night in Florence, Alex meets Gavin Andrews, a handsome Scotsman, and looks forward to a more than pleasant start to his ‘trip of a lifetime’.

But Gavin disappears without a word, and though disappointed by the Scot’s apparent lack of interest Alex continues with his tour of Tuscany in his rented car, staying overnight at the Villa Lorenzo, a converted farmhouse run by two gay men, John and Alfredo.

Alex is shown a portrait of Lorenzo, the original owner, and that night Alex has a strangely sensual dream, that comes to an abrupt halt when Lorenzo warns him that Gavin is in danger.

What follows is far more excitement than Alex ever bargained for – a kidnapping, a murder, and ultimately an offer of marriage!

Truly, for Alex this is the trip of a lifetime.



Publisher:  Dreamspinner Press
Release Date:  April 27
Pages:  160
Cover Artist:  Anne Cain

Description:

Christopher Borgasian has spent the last seven months painstakingly breaking up with a lover he’s adored for three years: heroin. Now he’s trying to make it on his own—without the drugs, without the family that rejected him for being gay, and, seemingly, without a friend in the world.

The night before Chris leaves a sober-living facility to pursue his uncertain future, a stranger named Denny shows up in his room. From then on, Denny returns whenever Chris needs him the most, always vanishing as mysteriously as he appears. Chris desperately needs emotional and physical intimacy, but who is Denny, really? And can Chris believe in him when it also means believing in unconditional love?



5 comments:

  1. *meow* are you ok? Are the zoo kids ok? *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. *waves* Hey Fred. Yeah, we're ok. It all happened when I was at work. Neighbor came and said he heard it, sounded like a bomb went off right after I left for Tweedleville. Zoo kids are good too. A little jumpy, but ok. And Loki, who went missing for a bit... finally came home last night.

    Phew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *waves* Hey Fred. Yeah, we're ok. It all happened when I was at work. Neighbor came and said he heard it, sounded like a bomb went off right after I left for Tweedleville. Zoo kids are good too. A little jumpy, but ok. And Loki, who went missing for a bit... finally came home last night.

    Phew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the tree dominos!

    But I thought I would brighten up your day and let you know I am now reading Blood Run Cold and loving these uber bad men!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sweet.

    Yaaaay! I'm glad you're liking it! That totally made me smile. Thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...