Sunday, September 11, 2011

In Memory...

Do you remember where you were? I do.

The alarm had just gone off. I got out of bed, put on my bathrobe and padded my way into the kitchen. I started the coffee and shuffled into the living room, turned on the news and what I saw was this...


I was confused. It took me a moment to process it.

I fell to my knees, stunned.

I watched as image after image hit the screen.

All I could do was sit there, watching, horrified.

I remember. I will always remember.

My father was flying that day. It took hours before we could find him. We were one of the lucky ones.

I remember.

I will always remember.

Um... yeah.  That is all.



1 comment:

  1. Absolutely Beautiful Amara. I cannot even imagine the terror you felt about your dad. God Bless the men and women we lost.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...