Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Review: I, Omega by Kari Gregg


I, Omega by Kari Gregg

Publisher: Loose ID
Length: Short Novel
Genre: BDSM, LGBT, Paranormal, Shape-shifter

Blurb: After one mind-shattering night with a stranger at a local leather bar leaves him forever changed, Gabriel lives on the streets as a vagrant to elude the master who hunts him, but the were-shifter is a fierce, stubborn predator who reclaims him soon enough. Gabriel is carried away to the pack’s home territory where his instruction on what it means to be the pet of an alpha begins. Gabriel isn’t just any pet, though. He is the rarest among their kind: a human omega.Treasured? Or cursed?As Gabriel’s father, the Distinguished Gentleman from Pennsylvania and stalwart of the conservative party, pushes the considerable resources at his disposal to locate his missing son, Gabriel explores who and what he is under his master’s careful protection. Gabriel falls for the shifter who is lover and destroyer, owner and...friend?
Publisher's Note: This book contains explicit sexual content, graphic language, and situations that some readers may find objectionable: BDSM theme and elements, dubious consent, male/male sexual practices


My Rating:  4/5

* Characters:  5
* Plot:  3
* World building:  3
* Writing: 4
* Premise:  4
* Intensity:  4

* Heat level: 5
* Sexuallity:  BDSM, D/s, M/M, Dubcon, Spanking (lots an lots)

My Thoughts:  This was my first read by Kari Gregg and it certainly won't be my last. It was good; well written, good main and secondary characters, and lots of long scenes of hot sex.

Truthfully, I’m not a big lover of shifters however I found the concept in this one to be unique, at least for me and I rather enjoyed it. They were not men turned shifter, fighting their new natures or their animal selves, but shifters, more animal nature than man with a pack dynamic that I found interesting, realistic even.

The story focuses on the relationship between Cal, pack alpha, and Gabriel, human sub. It’s told from Gabriel’s POV as he was turning from human to shifter, learning, or rather trying to figure out, the role he will find himself in within the pack. I found myself liking him right away, as Cal seemed rather brutal in the beginning. But as the book progressed and I learned more about what was going on with the relationship, it was Cal that did it for me.

As good as it was though, I would have liked to see more in the way of world building and plot. I’m hoping for a sequel that will continue the story as it was the last 1/3 (ish) of the book that really started becoming less of just Cal, Gabriel and sex and more pack, more outside of just what was happening between those two. I’d love to see what’s next for Cal and Gabriel as well as the pack.

Recommended. If you enjoy M/M shifter stories with BDSM and a LOT of sex in it, this is the book for you. 

Book received from author for review

5 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to reading this one (although I will admit it was the cover that first caught my eye!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol yeah, the cover caught my eye too.

    I'm curious to see what you think of the book. Shifters not being my thing got in my way a little I think, but good book none the less. Shifter/BDSM lovers seem to really be loving it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really really want this one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should totally get it. Twas a hot one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should totally get it. Twas a hot one. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...