Ha! I love this post. Today I'm giving the Place over to Bryl Tyne for a bit of a guest post. And this post is full of awesome. I think #1 on the list should be... Bryl friggin' rocks. Or, maybe you new that already. ;)
15 Things I bet you didn't know about Bryl R. Tyne
1. Bryl's mother liked to dress him up for kindergarten in psychedelic-colored smock dresses, ringlets, and white patent leather go-go boots.
2. Bryl was terrified of cats—and heights—at an early age.
3. Bryl's still terrified of heights.
4. Bryl's mother insisted on piano lessons for twelve years.
5. Bryl also has rudimentary skills on the flute and the oboe.
6. Bryl's mother (co-conspired with teachers) to nominate him (at age 15) as a contestant in a Wyoming Miss Teen Pageant. Yes. Thanks to community service, volunteering, and those twelve years of piano lessons, Bryl got accepted and had to participate against his wishes. Unhappy, he illustrated his disdain by taking the armload of Amy Vanderbilt etiquette books his aunt had sent and his mother had handed over and deposited them post haste into the nearest trashcan.
7. Bryl was an athlete in high school, winning medals in swimming and track.
8. Bryl can break into tears as quickly and easily as breaking into a rage.
9. Bryl's gypsy heritage plays a huge part in his life.
10. Bryl's mixed up sensory perceptions include, tasting sounds, feeling smells, and hearing colors.
11. Bryl wrote his first book in the seventh grade called Jerry Mouse Heals Christmas
12. ... and he got picked as 1 of 3 students to read his story aloud on the local KASL radio station...
13. ... which earned him a trip to a speech therapist who happened to be listening and swore she could "cure" his lisp.
14. Lisp is gone
15. Now, Bryl stutters
This week's giveaway...Choice of Pull, At Day’s End, Beneath Me, Rite of Passage, Behind Blue Eyes, Tough Guy, Best Unspoken, Coin Operated Boy, Trey #3, The Secret Ingredient, and the Zagzagel Diaries
The fine details...
- This week’s giveaway is for an eBook copy as listed above.
- To enter, leave a comment on this post.
- All commenters will also be entered in end of tour giveaway of AP 3 prize packages. Details here.
- All comments will also be entered in the year-end Riptide grand prize giveaway of an ereader; Kindle, Nook or iPad. Each post commented on counts as an entry.
- Backlist book giveaways do NOT include books released in the last 3 months.
- This week's giveaway doesNOT include Riptide releases.
- Winners will be selected at random using Random.org
- If the chosen winners do not respond to my email within 48 hours, another winner will be selected.
- By entering the contest, you are confirming you are at least 18 yrs old.
- eBook giveaways open worldwide.