Monday, April 23, 2012

Review: Country Mouse by Aleksandr Voinov and Amy Lane


eBook release:  Apr 23 2012
Word count: 28,800
Page count: 79
Erotic Frequency: 4 - Fairly frequent
Type: Standalone
Cover by: Jordan Taylor
Owen may be a bit of a country mouse, but he’s loving his vacation in London. After a long day playing tourist, he’s on the hunt for some cheap beer and a good burger. Instead he finds a man hunting him, an arrogant prick with only one thing on the brain: the kind of meat that doesn’t come on a bun.


Eighty-hour weeks at a trading desk don’t leave Malcolm Kavanagh much time for meaningful relationships. Besides, in his world, everything’s a competition—even sex. When his newest one-night-sub fails to show, Malcolm sets his sights on the pretty young Yank on the bar stool beside him.


Owen’s all for an adventure with a native, but he’s not the pushover Malcolm thinks he is, and Malcolm’s not as shallow as he tries to be. They both soon learn that nothing's too intimate to share with a stranger, and the strangest things happen when two people share the most important pieces of their hearts.

Amara's Thoughts...

Rating: 5/5

Ok. I’ll be honest. Since I first saw Country Mouse was coming out, I wanted to enjoy it. I wanted to like it. I’ve never read anything by Amy Lane before, but I’m about as hard core Voinov as a reader can get. However, I like my Voinovs dark and gritty. Not … ‘sweet’.  When I’d heard he’d co-written something ‘sweet’, my brain twitched. As much as I /wanted/ to like Country Mouse, I was pretty sure it wasn’t going to be my thing. Voinov or not.

I was so wrong.

This story was wonderful. Both Owen and Malcolm stole my heart. I am over the top in love with both of them. Although, for me… it’s Malcolm most of all. Big bad dom in a suit had me scene one.  Watching Owen crack Malcolm’s shell… awesome.  It’s not often I fall for both characters in a book. These two, great characters both. As for the rest of the story, it’s a wonderful little diddy.  A one night stand that turns into a weekend of hot sex, romance and fun. Fabulous. All topped off with an ending that made my heart flutter and left me wanting to yell… YEAH! W00T!

Bottom Line: Wonderful read. More Malcolm and Owen please. :)

Highly recommended.

1 comment:

  1. I love my sweet books from time to time and this was just one of the best!
    And, Amara, you should read Transit! :D Don't ask me why, but I adored Andrew. ^^

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...