Thursday, May 31, 2012

My poor Lapushka


My poor lil'boi kitty. I loved him so hard. My little clearance kitty, with the crooked teeth, the watery eye, the crooked claws and the bowed back legs. Softest little cuddly ball of fur. Always purring, always just a little love.

Except when he was shredding my toilet paper of course.

My lil' boi was sick. And I didn't know it. He'd been more low key the last couple weeks, I just thought maybe he finally out grew that rambunctious kitten stage. Even thou they told me he wasn't really a kitten. He quit tearing up the toilet paper, I just figured he got tired of that toy. He slept a lot. I just figured... he's a cat. That's what they do.

I started to get a little concerned last weekend. Started wondering if he was eating, drinking. It's hard to tell, Loki is a bit of a pig, so I couldn't tell if he was eating 'pushka's food, or if 'pushka was the one eating it. Hadn't seen him eating, but that wasn't unusual. I suspected more than anything, Loki was being all Alpha on him again and making him wait. He did that. Sometimes he would make lil'boi wait until he finished. Lil'boi would stand there watching Loki eat, so I was certain Loki was just being a butt again.

I figured I'd keep an eye on him, but I wasn't overly concerned, just... watch him concerned.

All a big nope. Turns out, my lil'boi was sick.

I began to worry yesterday, when I noticed his watery eye, that he's always had, wasn't running clear anymore. I thought maybe I should call the vet, looked up info online last night, most of which said that cats can have allergies and that's probably what it was. Figured I might call the vet today, see what they said. But when I woke up this morning, he was not acting right. I began really worry. About an hour or so after I woke up, he tried to jump up onto my lap and had trouble. Raked his back on the coffee table, poor lil' fella. After that... his leg quit working.

Then all he would do was lay there.

By the time I got him to the vet at 9:30, he was barely moving at all. I had them run some tests and left. An hour later, they called.  My lil'boi had something they called FIP. Some mutated form of something other virus that is fatal.

I had to rush back down to sign the papers to have him put down.

My lil'boi kitty. He just layed there, looking at me. Still purring. So sick, and still purring.

He's gone now.

I can't seem to stop crying. I've never had to put a pet down before. I don't understand how my lil'boi went from ok to ... gone...

They said what he had was contagious. Now I'm worried about Loki. He most likely has it too they said, a lot of cats do. All I can do apparently, is hope it doesn't mutate. If it does, there will be no hope for my Loki either.

It's not been a good pet year over here. I still miss my Holly grrl so much. Now, my lil'boi too.






14 comments:

  1. Oh Amara Luv, I am so so sorry. Poor Pushka. You have my heartfelt sympathy and tears. XOXO

    Love you, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. *HUGS*

    We have had to euthanize pets due to illness before. I think it's almost more heartbreaking than when they just mysteriously die. Almost. Except, of course, that at least you know *why*.

    *sniffle*

    I am so very very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big hugs. I cry for ages whenever one of our cats has died so much sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetie, I am so sorry. I know how heartbreaking this is. I'm going to be sending good thoughts and prayers to you and Loki. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh God, I'm so so sorry.. :'( Lapushka was the sweetest and prettiest.. And the first live being I had helped to give a name.. *getting a bit chocked up*
    I really hope Loki is ok.

    *hugs tight*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry, Amara. We had to put down our first dog some years ago and it was heartbreaking. Losing pets is never easy but the joy they bring is so great it makes the pain worth it. Remember the good times and at least think that your kitty isn't suffering anymore. I'll send good thoughts and energy Loki's way. Hopefully he will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry. Your post brought me to tears. I've been through this before and it is so difficult to have a pet put down. Hope Loki is okay. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sweetheart, I am so, so sorry. Crying buckets for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a family member, whether 2 legged or 4 legged, is hard. I really hope that Loki stays ok. Sending lots of hugs
    June

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, honey, I'm so sorry to hear this. Big hugs to you and prayers for Loki.

    Much love,
    Brita

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing I can do :( except hug you tight :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry. I was hoping it was something curable. My heart breaks for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Amara, I am so sorry. That is just devastating, especially out of nowhere. Crossing my fingers that Loki is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very sorry to hear this, Amara - sending you lots of hugs ...

    Anne
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...