Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Priceless by Cat Grant ~ The Wes Martin Interview





Hello, and thank you for joining me on my blog tour for Priceless, my new novella for Riptide Publishing’s 2012 Rentboy Collection. Be sure to comment for a chance to win one of my backlist books!

And here’s a little chat with Wes Martin, the rent boy in question…

Q: Hi, Wes. Thanks for agreeing to talk to us. We’ll just jump right in and ask the question I’m sure everyone’s wondering: what prompted you to start hooking in the first place?

Wes: It’s pretty simple – I needed the money for school. I had a full scholarship up through my junior year, but then the endowment got cut, which left me high and dry. With room and board and everything, I needed about forty grand to get me through my senior year, and . . . well, it’s not like I wanted to earn it on my back, but I sure as hell wasn’t gonna make that kind of money flipping burgers at Mickey D’s.


Q: We understand you’ve been through a rather rough time lately.

Wes: Yeah, there was this one client, who . . . (fidgets, swallows hard) let’s just say he was into some pretty sadistic stuff and leave it at that, okay?


Q: Luckily, it looks like the rough times are in the past, now that you and Connor have gotten together. Would you mind filling us in on how that happened?

Wes: You don’t ask easy questions, do you? (laughs) Long story short – Conn’s best friend bought me as a birthday present for him. But I was so damn nervous, I screwed up my first try.


Q: Why were you nervous?

Wes: Try seducing a guy you’ve worshipped ever since freshman year. Nervous didn’t begin to cover it. But I got another chance about a week later, and that time I didn’t screw it up.


Q: You say that rather wistfully. Is it a painful memory?

Wes: (sighs) Yes and no. I mean, by then I was in love with Conn. But I just couldn’t bear to tell him I’d been paid to sleep with him.


Q: But apparently it didn’t take long before he found out?

Wes: Yeah, and in a pretty humiliating way, too. I was sure he’d never even talk to me again, much less . . . (smiles) feel the same way about me as I do about him. Guess all those evenings we spent studying together changed his mind.


 And now here’s a blurb to whet your appetites:

When love’s for sale, who really pays?
Connor Morrison is a 3D optics pioneer, the star of the UC Berkeley physics department, and a socially-inept workaholic. And with his dear friend and business partner, Steve Campbell, handling their investors, he’s content to remain in the shadows. That is, until he meets the gorgeous and starry-eyed physics student Wes Martin.


Wes is brilliant but broke. Ever since his scholarship fell victim to the financial crisis, he's had no choice but to sell his body to stay in school. Already half in love with Connor, Wes initially resists Steve's offer to be Connor's thirty-fifth birthday present. But in the end, Wes is too broke—and too smitten—to say no.


Connor has no idea Steve bought Wes’s attentions, and he quickly falls under the young man’s spell. Yet after one night together, Wes disappears. He can't bear to hook with a man he could so easily grow to love, but he also can’t bear to tell him the truth. Besides, if he sleeps with Connor again, there'd be no way to hide the bruises one of his regular johns loves to inflict. Only one thing to do: let Connor go. Walking away is painful, but not nearly as much as building a relationship on lies.


EPIC Award-winning author Cat Grant lives by the sea in beautiful Monterey, California, with one persnickety feline and entirely too many books and DVDs. When she's not writing, she sings along to whatever's on her iPod, watches lots of movies, and fantasizes about kinky sex with Michael Fassbender.


Where to find Cat:

6 comments:

  1. Enjoyed Wes's interview. Look forward to reading his and Connor's story.

    lkbherring64@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. xD Enjoyed the Interview.
    I am excited to read this story!

    Judi
    arella3173_loveless(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judi. Hope you enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  4. I love character interviews.This is a great book.I loved Wes and Connor.
    elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blushes* Thanks, Elaine. Always great to hear one's work is appreciated. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...