Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Review: Static by L.A. Witt



Static by L.A. Witt
  • File Size: 301 KB
  • Print Length:  216 pages
  • Publisher: Amber Quill Press, LLC (June 17, 2011)
Genre: (Gay / Transgender / Contemporary / Fantasy / Shapeshifter)
Damon Bryce is worried sick when he doesn't hear from his girlfriend after she visits her estranged parents, but when he checks up on her, he's in for the shock of his life--she's a shifter, part of a small percentage of the population who can shift genders at will. Thanks to her parents, though, she's been forcibly given an implant that leaves her static--unable to shift--and male. Alex Nichols desperately wants the implant removed, but getting it out isn't nearly as easy as putting it in. The surgery is expensive and dangerous. Left in, the implant carries its own set of risks, with the potential to cripple or even kill him. On top of that, he's carefully kept his identity a secret from more people in his life than just Damon, and his parents aren't the only ones appalled by shifters. Stripped of half his identity and facing serious physical effects and social ramifications, Alex needs Damon more than ever, but he doesn't see how their relationship can get through this unscathed. Especially if Alex is a static male permanently...

Mini Review...





My Rating: 5/5 Amara Stars



Characters:  5
Plot:  5
World building:  5
Writing:  5
Premise:  5

Heat Level:  4
Sexuallity:  M/M




My Thoughts: In an Amara word... fantabulous.

In several more words... I loved this book. It was very well done. I loved the idea of the shifters; gender shifters instead of your typical, run of the mill, animal shifters. The characters were wonderful and grabbed me within the first few pages. Watching Alex's pain as he was forced to remain static, unable to shift genders, just made my heart break. At times I felt Alex's pain like it was my own. As for Damon... I could understand Damon's confusion, his indecision as I watched him work his way through it all and come to terms with things he didn't know, didn't understand. Both were terrific, believable characters I could connect with.

Bottom line... read this book. It was wonderful, unique, and extremely thought provoking. You will not be disappointed.

Highly, HIGHLY recommended.

2 comments:

  1. This book totally changed my life. Read it right after reading "Hawk's Landing" by Carol Lynne. Both of those books together saved my life. No joke and no exaggeration. Totally fracking awesome book. It's why I recommend it to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already on my to be read pile. Cannot wait to start it. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...