Saturday, June 16, 2012

Amara WTFery Rant


amuck amuck amuck.

or is it... amok? *waves hand dismissively* Who cares. The point is the same. WTF is up with people?

Perhaps I should clarify. "People" is a rather broad group.

WTF is up with those people that follow authors around and give 1 star ratings on books that haven't even come out yet? Or the ones that have such a vendetta against an author, they won't rest until they do everything possible to trash them and their books? To anyone that will listen. Hell, some even search out people that /don't/ want to listen, just so they can tell them what they think. I mean... seriously. What the hell is up with that?

I don't understand.

I mean, don't get me wrong. There are authors I can't stand. Ones that I think write total crap. Ones that write books with content I don't like. Ones that I don't like just on principle. Ones that annoy me on ...*sigh*... many levels. Hell, there are even some I wouldn't throw water on if they were on fire. But I still don't see the point of going around to give it my all to wreck their ratings, or trash them every which way I can. I just... don't buy their books. I just... don't read their writings. I just... steer clear of them.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Maybe it IS my job as a reader to go around and dog those authors I don't like. Maybe I should spend as much time as possible trying to drag them down. Make sure everyone in the whole wide world knows I think they suck.

Or maybe...

These people should get a life.

I don't know. Mabye not. Maybe it's just me. Hm. I better go check on Goodreads to see if one of the authors I don't like has a book coming out so I can give it a bad rating without reading it. Oh. Wait. I actually DO have something better to do.

Phew. Thank goodness.


2 comments:

  1. I am with you on not understanding this. Oh, and the people who read a book they know they won't like, just to be able to give it a low rating. Those that review an erotic, BDSM, m/m, etc book and even say in the review "I don't like.....books". Well, if you don't like them, why the f*** are you reading it? I don't have enough time (much less money) to read the books I really think I will enjoy, much less to waste either on something I know I will hate. I think it is a case of some people having to try to put down someone else to feel better about themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't get that one either. I saw one of those bizarities over on twitter a couple weeks back. Extreme case. Actually twitter reading a book they knew they would hate so they could give play by play tweets about how awful it was. lol full of wow.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...