Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday Snark: K.I.S.S.I.N.G.

Keep It Simple, Stupid.

How many times have you heard that, or said it to yourself? Eh, if you're like me the number is something astronomically high. And yet it still needs saying, because inevitably I complicate stuff. My routine. My relationships. My obligations. My... are we seeing a pattern here yet? So it should come as no surprise to me that I. like many other writers before me, sometimes complicate my writing needlessly.

Which brings us to the topic in the title line of this blog. K.I.S.S.I.N.G.

I like it, because hey, who doesn't like kissing? Well, I know there are a few people who don't, but most that *I* know do. And I love kissing in my writing. So I figured if I played with this a bit. tweaked it just a bit... I could have a decent acronym and ... oh hell, I was complicating things again, right?

How unusual. 

I think I'd better try to just get out of the way today, and let the characters say what they want to, and then worry about whether or not it makes sense later, after the whole thing is finished.

Keep it simple, stupid. Initial notice given.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...