Sunday, July 22, 2012

To Blog or Not to Blog...

That is the question.

I tell ya. Between all the author/reviewer/reader drama bullshit, and now the copyright blog pic thing, I really do ask myself... is blogging worth it?

I mean really?

Between readers (whom I think are really authors, no matter what they say) policing bad reviews and outting what they've decided are bully reviewers, other authors making "bad blogger who screwed me by not reviewing my book and interview me in all my greatness" lists, and just all around drama whoring bullshit, why review and blog in this sector at all? If it weren't for the fact that my current preferred genre wasn't the one doing it this time, I'd definitely throw my hands up and close up shop.

Thank you M/M genre for behaving better than those others right now. Seriously, thank you.

Unlike the author/reviewer/reader drama, the copyright pic thing /is/ a valid concern. The drama shit, that's just pure whack. But as an amateur photographer myself, I should have known better than to think I could just post whatever pic I wanted, but I didn't think about it.

My bad. My vera vera bad.

The combo of everything leaves me sitting here thinking... do I even /want/ to keep blogging? At this point, I could keep myself removed from the whackjob drama crap, those aren't my circles. This time. But... I can't keep myself removed from the pics thing. So far, I've gone thru and removed 200 blog posts, I have another gazillion to weed thru and I wonder... do I even want to? When I asked myself if it was worth it, I realized ... my giveashits meter is just not up to the task.

Perhaps I'll delete everything unbook related, I think I'm allowed to post book post stuff. Although, honestly, I'm not even sure about that. Perhaps I'll just delete the Place and start over completely. Blog pictureless, hottie less, ... something posts. Truth is, I have no idea what I'm really allowed to post, and what I'm not. Truth is... I don't have the giveashits right now to figure it out. And what of guest bloggers? And the pics they want to post? And what of...

*sigh*

Whatever.

I guess until I figure it all out, I'll keep doing my best to pimp my faves, tour with Riptide, because I love them all the world. As for the rest of it...

I have shinies to make. It's a lot more fun, it's a lot less drama, and... it is mine. All mine.

The rest of ... everything...

Microgiveashits.

ETA: 


Should have linked the post on the copyright pic posting deal. Sorry. lol am in a mood today and forgot mah linky. You can find the post here. Bloggers Beware: You CAN Get sued for posting pics on your blog
It's a good post. If you blog... you should totally check it out.


Later taters!

12 comments:

  1. What about the copyright blog pic thing? I didn't hear anything about this. Is this just you or is there some new policy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was going to ask the same question. What"pic thing" are you referring to?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up Amara. I use very few pics in my blog but I always credit them if I know the source. Now I see that I can't do that even if I mention/credit the artist/owner! I think I'll stop using pics altogether, unless I'm sure of the copyright thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I need to look into it all more, but I'm thinking... pic less seems easiest. Boring, but... who the hell needs a lawsuit on their hands.

      Delete
  4. I'm with you Girlfriend. I'm going back to what I started out with in the first place - read a book for my enjoyment, write a review. If someone, anyone, doesn't like my review. Tough. I've had it with all of this drama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm pretty sure... drama kills. Friggin' hate drama. And it's so overwhelming right now. Everywhere I look, there's more. Big boooooo on that.

      Delete
  5. Thanks Amara! I didn't know about this.
    Did you already have some issues with pics or you're just trying to avoid what happened to Roni?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I've not had any trouble. Just trying to avoid it. :)

      Delete
  6. I think pics of book covers would be fine. Fair use, in the same way that you could quote an excerpt from the book in reference to it, or to promote it, but not reproduce it in its entirety.

    On the other hand, if you edited the image to remove the title and just used it as a graphic, that would be different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think it should be fine too. I don't manipulate the covers in any way, so that's a non issue for me. I'm more worried about all the other pics I've been using to jazz up the blog posts. The whole thing just makes my head spin.

      Delete
  7. Oh no Amara, we will miss you if you go! I agree the drama has gotten crazy but I hope it will die down soon. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...