Thursday, September 6, 2012

Faceted Citrine Nuggets aaaaand Chili


Yeah, cuz those two things totally go together. ;)

Ok, they don't really, except today, on mah willy-nilly blog :D Actually, I promised a friend I'd post the recipe for the White Chili I made last weekend, but have been remiss in actually doing it. I was going to make it my post today, but then... I got carried away at the bead store yesterday and this strand of Citrine Nuggets I've had my eye on accosted me and forced me to take it home. And I'm in love. LOVE I SAY!



It's all beautimus! Faceted nuggets of golden awesomeness!!

Look at it! Just LOOK! Soooooooo shiny!!!!!

Each one is different. Each one has it's own unique coolness to it. I know I'm suppose to like flawless, gemstones, crystals and such, but truth be told... I really don't. I find them boring. And these are anything but boring! They're all full of personality and stuff. Their not uniformly cut and the facets are big, and they catch they catch the light and glow! Like hugeamously!


And some of them have inclusions inside. Rainbows even. RAINBOWS!!


That's not a bubble, like it looks on my screen. Iz a rainbow. I just can get it to show right in pics darn it.

Anyhoo, by the time I got home last night, my new strand actually screamed at me to make... no... to WEAR one, RIGHT STINKING NOW. NOW it said. Which is rather odd considering I don't really even like Citrine. And although I make a lot of shiny, I never make shiny for myself. I always mean too, but never get around to it. The 2-3  pieces I do have didn't demand like this. They were more of a "hm, that's cool, I think I'll keep it." No clue what's up with my new Citrine. Guess I needed it. That does sometimes happen to me with crystals and stones. Funny little things they are.

*shrugs* I could do nothing but obey. So I made a simple little pendant for mahself...



I LOVE IT!! HARD! Now I should probably make some for my shop. Cuz they are farkin' filled with awesome.

Ok, now to try to stop freakin' out over my new Citrine and post my Chili recipe. Easier said than done, cuz... ya know... CITRINE!!!!!! :D :D

'k.

Chili. Or rather White Chili to be more specific. Totes dif.

I posted this a while back, but couldn't for the life of me find it. I did find the pic I took last time. Couldn't take a pic this time because..... I ate it all. It was yummy.


I did it a little different this time. No stewed tomatoes. And I used white corn, like you're suppose to. It /is/ white chili after all. Not suppose to have red and yellow in it. Although the stewed tomatoes were yummy in it too.

It's super easy. It's for the crock pot. Lovely things those are. But could be done on the stove too.  It goes like this...

2-3 chicken breast (only because I'm picky and don't like dark meat. Off the bone is easiest since you don't have to debone it, on the bone is more flavorful)
1 onion (I use sweet)
Garlic (I don't measure, I just use lots)
1 can chicken broth
1 t. Cumin
1 t. Oregano
2 cans white beans
1 can white corn

That's all the real receipe calls for. This time I added...
Crushed red pepper
Cilantro
Majoram

I didn't measure those, but didn't use too much. Probably a 1/2 teaspoon or so.

Put all but the beans and corn in crockpot and cook it 4-5 hrs. Then add the beans and corn and cook another 1/2 hr or so, until the chicken is done.

Twas yummy. :)

There you have it. Faceted Citrine Nuggets aaaaaaaaand.... Chili.

That's all for me, for now.

Later taters!!

4 comments:

  1. With all my cilantro and sage and green pepper and kale... my version of White Chili came out... green. LOL. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like something I can do with my shiny new crock-pot, thanks for the recipe :D

    The citrines are definitely beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The citrine strand and the pendant are really lovely. Will need to try out your white chili recipe. Looks yummy. Tried to make white chili w/out a recipe once, but it can out so-so. Will need to wait for colder weather before trying it.

    Jbst

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...