Friday, April 4, 2014

Revamped Blog and #Mambaz100happydays Day 1

I'mmmmmmm back! Did you miss me? :D

Well, I'm done fishing, for now. Been thinking of reopening the blog for a while. off and on anyway. I had a lot of good times here. Met a lot of great people. Made some really good friends. I miss it all that. The good times anyway. Not so much the ... less than good ones.

Anyhoo, I'm back, and with a new plan. Actually, it's not a plan, but I know what I don't want this time around. I figure that's a good start. Definitely not going full blown book blog this time around. That shit got waaaaaaaaay too stressful. I want it to be fun. I want it to be...whatever I want. My own place, like it should have been along.

I would imagine there will be a cute little dog named Renji. Probably some of his evol cat Loki. Some shiny-whatever that doesn't belong on Freia's blog. Some bitching and ranting to be sure cuz, ya know, HI! It's me! :D And of course some books and authors and such too because, well, I love them too. I'll be a willy-nilly hodgepodge blog of doggy, shiny, ranting, booky personal bloggy things :D

It's gonna rock.

And I have 2 things to kick it off with. First, I figured a new blog plan deserves a new look.

Ok, that's a lie. I broke it. But what a great time for redecorating. :D So I went with it and gave it a whole new look. Brighter, less cluttered.

*holds arms out and spins 'round* Whatch'ya think :D Cleaner and brighter, yeah?

The 2nd thing I'm kicking off with is a challenge I started today. It sounds so very way cool. I saw it on Twitter the other night. It's called #100happydays challenge. Truthfully, this year has been... ugh. If you follow me on FB or Twitter, chances are pretty darn good that you know I've had no trouble finding #100sucktasticdays to bitch about. I feel like that's all I do any more. Moan and groan and complain and bitch. Seems like that's pretty much all there is most days any more. That sucks.  I need a change.

So what is it? Cool. That's what.
every day submit a picture of what made you happy!  
It can be anything from a meet-up with a friend to a very tasty cake in the nearby coffee place, from a feeling of being at home after a hard day to a favor you did to a stranger.  
I can do that. A picture. Just one. I can totally do that. 

Challenge accepted.

So here goes. :D

Day #1: My new Charoite


Yeah. My thing today was a shiny.

Thought it wouldn't be? ;p

I got it in the mail today. Honestly...I didn't really have high hopes for it when I ordered it. I knew it'd be pretty, but it's one of those stones you have to see in person to be sure. I don't like to buy this one online at all. And cut matters too. In the back of my mind I had a nagging "that deal was too good to be true" thing going on.

But today it was waiting for me in the mailbox. I opened it and ... skwee'd.

It's so beautiful. The purples shimmer and swirl. And it has tiny rainbows hiding inside clear pockets in the ... shimmering swirling purple patterns of... awesomeness. The edges aren't crooked or jagged... it's...amazingly beautiful.

I love it. It made me very happy. Very Very!

Yeah. My happy was a shiny. Shocking. I know.

heehee. :D



2 comments:

  1. Welcome back from your rather extensive fishing trip. You were gone so long I kinda wondered if maybe you were pulling a Tweedle heh.
    I think a shiny happy is an awesome way to start your hundred happy days. And you know what? It just might be a failsafe way to make it through. Lots of Renji and Loki and random shiny happiness. Or sunset pictures. Or tree silhouettes. Or raindrops on leaves. Or dew on the windshield of the truck. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Pulling a Tweedle? LOL Omg you kill me. Nope. I didn't even cook /one/ of my fishing reels in the oven the whole time I was away on my fishing trip. None of my friends reels either :D

      Yeah, that's what I think too. My happy today was actually going to be that pic of the itty bitty flowers on the tree I saw. Saw it on my way to the post office this morning, all glowing in the morning light and was so happy at seeing a flower I went back for the pick later. But then I checked the mail box and the shiny was in it and... well...the end. :D

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...